New Delhi: India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru was a central figure in India’s independence movement.
Born on November 14, 1889, he was a lawyer, who has written several books like ‘The Discovery of India: Glimpses of World History’ and his autobiography ‘Toward Freedom.’
Nehru breathed his last on May 27, 1964.
Here are 10 inspiring quotes from the leader:
- “Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you is determinism; the way you play it is free wil”
- “The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.”
- “Politics and Religion are obsolete. The time has come for Science and Spirituality.”
- “What we really are matters more than what other people think of us.”
- “There is perhaps nothing so bad and so dangerous in life as fear.”
- There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
- “Loyal and efficient work in a great cause, even though it may not be immediately recognized, ultimately bears fruit.”
- “The future belongs to science and those who make friends with science.”
- “Success often comes to those who dare to act. It seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences.”
“The art of a people is a true mirror to their minds.”